2022 Hyundai Kona Electric
The Hyundai Kona SUV is a good base for an EV, as this 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric retains everything we love about its gas-powered counterpart, instead of the four-cylinder engine, the Kona Electric 201 hp electric motor. And its large battery pack is good for up to 258 miles/charge, which is important as the range count of electric vehicles is the single most important factor in the EV market.
Chevrolet’s new Bolt EUV carries a claimed 250-mile range while the Tesla Model Y is good for 326 miles/per charge. On top of its competitively anticipated driving range, the Hyundai Kona Electric offers likable acceleration, spree handling, and an unbeatable standard warranty and complimentary maintenance package, making it deserving of an Editors’ Choice award.
Hyundai Kona electric price in the USA
Kona Electric Vehicle has a starting price of $34,00 and base 2022 Kona EV SEL price starts at $34,000, and the top-trim Limited model starts at $42,500.
Read also – Upcoming Toyota bZ3 electric car 2023
Hyundai Kona Electric Range
Aggressive regenerative braking allows for true one-pedal driving and helps increase the driving range to 258 miles-a-mile, a mile less than the Bolt EV. Pulling the pedals behind the steering wheel allows the driver to adjust the level of regen.
The Kona Electric can be charged at a 110-volt home outlet, but we wouldn’t recommend it on a day-to-day basis, a 240-volt outlet is best for home charging, and the Kona EV on a DC fast-charging station can also be charged.
- The Kona Electric range is powered by a 64 kWh Lithium-Ion Polymer battery.
- The vehicle has a regenerative braking system that can help extend the range by capturing energy that would otherwise be lost during braking and using it to recharge the battery.
- The Kona Electric also offers three levels of regenerative braking, which can be adjusted using paddle shifters located behind the steering wheel. This allows drivers to choose the amount of regenerative braking, from minimal to strong, depending on their driving style and preferences.
- In addition to the estimated range, Kona Electric also provides drivers with real-time range estimates based on current driving conditions and energy consumption. This can help drivers plan their trips and avoid unexpectedly running out of battery charge.
- Overall, the Kona Electric’s range is considered one of its key strengths, making it a popular choice among drivers who want an electric vehicle with a practical driving range for everyday use.
Hyundai Kona electric Speed
The top speed of the Hyundai Kona Electric is electronically limited to 104 miles per hour (mph). However, it’s important to note that speed can vary depending on a variety of factors, including driving conditions, battery charge level, and other external factors.
In terms of acceleration, the Kona Electric is known for its quick and responsive performance. It features an electric motor that produces 201 horsepower (150 kW) and 291 lb-ft of torque, providing plenty of power for quick acceleration and passing on the highway. In fact, the Kona Electric can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.4 seconds, making it one of the fastest and most fun-to-drive electric vehicles in its class.
Of course, it’s important to always drive within the posted speed limits and to follow all traffic laws and regulations. The Kona Electric’s speed and performance are designed to provide a smooth and enjoyable driving experience, but safety should always be the top priority.
Read also – Top 10 Electric station wagon
Hyundai kona electric Interior
The interior of the Hyundai Kona Electric offers a range of features and amenities designed to provide a comfortable and convenient driving experience. Here are some of the highlights of Kona Electric’s interior:
- The Kona Electric features a spacious and modern interior with seating for up to five passengers.
- Standard features include a 7-inch touchscreen display audio system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a rearview camera, and keyless entry with push-button start.
- Upper trims of the Kona Electric offer additional features, such as an 8-inch touchscreen display audio system, a heads-up display, wireless device charging, leather upholstery, heated front seats, and a power-adjustable driver’s seat.
- The Kona Electric’s dashboard features a simple and clean design, with easy-to-use controls and intuitive buttons and knobs.
- The vehicle’s interior also features a range of storage options, including a center console with a storage tray, cupholders, and a glove compartment.
- The Kona Electric’s rear seats can be folded down to provide additional cargo space, with up to 45.8 cubic feet of total cargo capacity.
- Other available features include a premium audio system, a sunroof, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink.
Overall, the Kona Electric’s interior is designed to provide a comfortable and practical driving experience, with a range of features and amenities to meet the needs of modern drivers.
Hyundai Kona electric features
All its models come with a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, as well as a 10.3-inch configurable digital gauge display; The base SEL models come When upgrading to add a 10.3-inch display with navigation, along with an 8.0-inch touchscreen. the six-speaker audio system is standard, while the Limited model comes with an eight-speaker Infinity audio system that sounds richer.
Read also – Top EV charging company in the USA
Is Hyundai Kona EV a good car?
The 2022 Kona EV is a good SUV. The redesigned Hyundai has a longer driving range and comes standard with a host of technical and driver assistance features. It’s also fun to drive, providing passionate acceleration and confident handling. The main drawback of the Kona EV is the tight and limited cargo space in the rear row.
How long will the Kona EV battery last?
Many factors can affect the life of the battery pack of any electric vehicle, making it difficult to determine its lifespan. Hyundai includes an industry-leading 10-year/mile warranty for the Kona EV battery pack.
Is Hyundai Kona Electric worth buying?
Yes, Hyundai Kona Electric is a good SUV. Thanks to its impressive combination of quality and value, it was a finalist for the Best Electric SUV for the Money award, and its powerful powertrain and efficient handling make it fun to drive. Its driving range is at par with the rest of the electric SUV segment.